The Advantages and Disadvantages of Coarse and Fine Tooth Structure of Hydraulic Wrench and How to Choose
(Last Updated On: December 30, 2021)
Hydraulic torque wrenches have the difference between coarse gears and fine gears. Do you know the advantages and disadvantages of each? How to choose hydraulic wrench for different working conditions? Now, TorcStark will give you a detailed introduction.
Coarse tooth hydraulic wrench
1. The coarse-tooth hydraulic wrench adopts large ratchet teeth, and the load capacity of a single tooth is large. It is not easy to break when the material and heat treatment meet the design standards. The service life of the ratchet wheel and pawl is long;
2. The wrench generally has a counter-force system to prevent the nut from reversing during the return stroke. Each stroke has a crisp jingle sound, which is convenient for the user to operate by voice. The single-tooth meshing structure has been designed for full load strength, and the phenomenon of tooth chipping will be less.
The hydraulic wrench will occasionally get stuck when it is working. Once stuck, it is difficult to remove it from the nut, and the accuracy is also poor.
Fine tooth hydraulic wrench
1. High strength: The joint surface of the ratchet wheel and the pawl of the fine-tooth hydraulic wrench is large and the precision is high.
2. High accuracy: High accuracy: The torque accuracy is determined by the last stroke of the set pressure. The last stroke of the fine-tooth structure can pass three teeth according to the torsion angle, or it can only pass two teeth, one tooth, to be the closest to the set output torque. However, the last stroke of the coarse-tooth structure either passes one tooth or cannot pass, and the actual torque does not reach the set torque if it does not pass one tooth;
3. Fast speed.
1. Small load-bearing capacity: The fine-tooth hydraulic wrench adopts a small ratchet design, and the load-bearing capacity of a single tooth is smaller than that of a coarse-tooth wrench.
2. High processing accuracy: The fine-tooth structure requires high processing accuracy of the ratchet or pawl, otherwise it will increase the wear of the ratchet and pawl mechanism and reduce the service life.
4. High probability of tooth fracture: Although the ratchet and pawl adopt “multi-tooth meshing” to increase the load-bearing capacity, the probability of tooth fracture is still greater than that of the coarse tooth structure.
Under different working conditions, how to choose between coarse-tooth hydraulic wrench and fine-tooth hydraulic wrench?
In the case of tightening large bolts and general requirements for bolt accuracy, coarse-tooth hydraulic wrenches can be selected. According to the characteristics of the coarse-tooth hydraulic torque wrench, the load-bearing capacity of a single tooth is large, and the phenomenon of tooth chipping is less, so it is suitable for high-strength bolts that require large torque.
In many working conditions that require high-precision, small-torque bolt tightening, a fine-tooth hydraulic wrench will be the best choice. It can ensure that the bolts can be tightened accurately, and the hydraulic wrench will not be damaged.
In fact, whether it is a coarse-tooth or fine-tooth hydraulic wrench, if the material selection, processing accuracy, and processing technology fully meet the quality standards, and the use specifications are not overloaded, then in the general working conditions, as long as it is not particularly high-strength and high-precision operations, the difference between these two structures can be ignored in fact. It doesn’t matter which one you choose. Of course, the prerequisite is that the products must be produced by a brand manufacturer.
Now, TorcStark provides high-quality hydraulic torque wrenches and provides one-year warranty. You can also customize hydraulic wrenches of special specifications that you need. Welcome to contact us now, the best offer will be for you.