How Much Does a Hydraulic Wrench Cost?
Customers often ask how much it will cost if they want to buy a set of hydraulic wrenches.
Under normal circumstances, hydraulic wrenches are divided into two series: Square Drive Hydraulic Torque Wrenches and Low Profile Hydraulic Torque Wrenches. Each series is divided into different models according to the torque. For driving wrenches, 2000-20000Nm are used more frequently, 2000Nm is priced at $1100-$1350, 5000Nm is priced at $1800-$2400, 10,000Nm is priced at $2300-$2900, and 20,000Nm is priced at $2800-$3500. The larger the torque, the higher the price, and the maximum torque can reach 140,000Nm. If the working space is not limited, this kind of wrench is the most suitable and the most durable.
In addition, the square drive type wrench needs to work with the impact socket. One end of the socket is connected to the square drive of wrench, and the other end is directly sleeved on the nut. Therefore, the size of the socket needs to know the square drive size and the nut size, such as 1” square drive and M42 nut. Generally speaking, the price of 1″ socket is $25-$70, the price of 1.5″ socket is $35-$130, the price of 2″ socket is $45-$150, and the price of 2.5″ socket is $75-$390. The specific price varies slightly according to the size of the nut.
For cassette wrenches, there are two types: ordinary type and ultra-thin type. The thickness of the power head of the ordinary type cassette wrench is thicker than that of the working head, while the thickness of the power head and the working head of the ultra-thin cassette wrench are exactly the same, which can be used for very confined space.
For ordinary cassette wrenches, the general power head and the cassette (or called ratchet link) are quoted separately. The price of 5000Nm power head is $550-$700, the price of 5000Nm cassette is $540-$690. The price of 10000Nm power head is $950-$1100, the price of 10000Nm cassette is $930-$1050. And the price of 20000Nm power head is $1300-$1650, the price of 20000Nm cassette is $1250-$1600.
For ultra-thin cassette wrenches, the price of 3000Nm power head is $640-$950, the price of 3000Nm ratchet link is $610-$900, the price of 5000Nm power head is $800-$980, the price of 5000Nm ratchet link is $760-$940, the price of 10000Nm power head is $1100-$1400, and the price of 10000Nm ratchet link is $1050-$1360.
If the working space is very limited, this kind of wrench is more suitable, and it has another advantage, the same power head can be matched with different sizes cassettes and can be directly acted on the nut. If customers want to apply one model to multiple nuts, they need to be equipped with a reducer.
For 3000Nm wrenches, the price of reducer is $50-$59, for 5000Nm wrenches, the price of reducer is $60-$70, for 10000Nm wrenches, the price of reducer is $80-$95, and for 20000Nm wrenches, the price of reducer is $100-$115.
From another perspective, if the customer does not know how much torque he needs, he can refer to the following prices according to the bolt size:
For M33 10.9 bolts, the A/F(across flats) size is 50mm, and the applicable wrench price is $1100-$1400. For M39 10.9 bolts, the A/F size is 60mm, and the applicable wrench price is $1100-$1700. For M45 10.9 bolts, the A/F size is 70mm, the applicable wrench is $1500-$1800. For M52 10.9 bolts, the A/F size is 80mm, the applicable wrench price is $1800-$2300. For M60 10.9 bolts, the A/F size is 90mm, the applicable wrench price is $2200-$2800. For M72 10.9 bolts, the A/F size is 105mm, the applicable wrench price is $2800-$3900.
In addition, if customers need to customize their own brand or design, the price will be about 10% higher than standard products.
If the customer is an agent and the single purchase quantity is relatively large, they can enjoy the wholesale price, which will be 20%-50% cheaper than the ordinary quotation.
The above are all conventional wrenches. If the customer’s working conditions are very special, then we need the customer to provide a specific working condition diagram. We will recommend the appropriate model based on these data. If the standard model cannot meet the demand, we will provide the customer with a customized solution.
The price of hydraulic wrenches on the market varies greatly, so what are the main factors that affect the price?
At present, the relatively well-known international brands in the market have relatively strong brand value. Their production costs may only account for a small part of the sales price, but there are still many customers who pay, mainly because they are in brand promotion and marketing. Huge investment in marketing and other aspects, a great brand premium ability.
If a company has enough production equipment and strong production capacity, then their purchase cost, production cost, and delivery time can be greatly reduced, resulting in a very competitive final product price.
Some suppliers have very rich products and have a large span, so they may not be able to conduct in-depth research on a certain type of product, and they may not have such plans. The products they make can be imagined.
It includes whether the material of the wrench body is aluminum-titanium alloy, whether the quick couplers are imported CEJN, whether the seal kits are good performance, etc.
The complete process flow of the processing technology
The entire process includes wire cutting, lathe processing, CNC processing, heat treatment, oxidation, polishing, assembly, calibration, debugging, etc. Each process needs to meet the corresponding process standards to ensure that the final product is qualified. The quality standards of many small suppliers are not so strict, which results in uneven quality of finished products.
The sale of products is just the beginning. Various problems are encountered by customers during operation which need to be solved by after-sales service. There are usually several ways: send customers free parts or return them to the factory for repairing, or send technicians to the scene to guide if necessary. For trading companies and some small suppliers, these services may not be available.
The stability of company employees, especially technicians and skilled workers, is very important and has a great influence on assembly level and quality control.
Another very customer-related question, how should hydraulic wrenches be maintained?
- The hydraulic torque wrench must be operated by professionally trained personnel. The operator must carefully read and understand the operation manual, and have an in-depth understanding of the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance and maintenance of the hydraulic torque wrench.
- The choice of hydraulic oil: The quality and cleanliness of the hydraulic oil and the working viscosity determine the reliability of the hydraulic torque wrench hydraulic system, as well as the efficiency, life and economy of the hydraulic torque wrench. Therefore, anti-wear hydraulic oil must be used. The hydraulic oil must have a density of 0.884G/CM2, a flash point of 255℃, a pour point of -9℃, a viscosity of 68CM2/S (40℃), 8.8CM2/(100℃), and a viscosity index of 102. . The use of this hydraulic oil can stabilize the hydraulic system of the hydraulic torque wrench, reduce the influence of oil temperature on viscosity, enhance the wear and corrosion resistance of the system, and is beneficial to the extremely tight work of the cylinder of the hydraulic torque wrench.
- Control the oil temperature of the system: the minimum oil temperature allowed by the system is 25℃. The best working temperature is 35℃-45℃, exceeding 45℃ is detrimental to the system. If it exceeds the specified value, the system should be checked and checked in time.
- Check and find problems in time: When the hydraulic system fails (such as unstable oil pressure, rapid oil temperature rise, etc.), analyze the cause in time, eliminate the fault, and do not allow the hydraulic torque wrench to work with illness and cause major accidents.
- Frequently check and regular hose joints to prevent loosening and oil leakage.
- The operator is not allowed to dismantle and replace the hydraulic components without permission. When a failure occurs, the equipment maintenance technician should repair the equipment in a timely manner.