How To Choose And Maintain Hydraulic Torque Wrenches
How to choose a hydraulic torque wrench correctly?
The use of hydraulic wrench not only solves the problem of narrow and inconvenient working space, but also greatly improves work efficiency. Many advantages of hydraulic wrenches are unmatched by other torque devices.
As a manufacturer of hydraulic wrenches, we often remind you that you must have reliable personnel assistance when choosing a hydraulic wrench to prevent you from choosing unsuitable models. According to various selection problems encountered on site, many hydraulic wrenches are idle due to too many models and specifications, occupying a large amount of indoor space.
Clarify requirements for torque specifications of hydraulic wrenches and bolts. Generally speaking, the customer knows the specification and model of the bolt, but in most cases, does not know some necessary torque. This must be determined according to the manufacturer’s recommendations of the hydraulic torque wrench, bolt material and compressive strength. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to distribute torque to the bolts.
Secondly, to understand the working conditions of hydraulic wrenches, various data and information such as the natural environment are needed in order to correctly and effectively select the required hydraulic wrenches. As we all know, commonly used hydraulic wrenches are generally divided into two categories: drive type and hollow type. The key to the selection of a driven hydraulic torque wrench is the bolt spacing, the spacing between the bolt and the mechanical equipment itself, and the height-to-width ratio of the bolt standpipe.
If several types of related data information indicate that hydraulic wrenches can be installed and used, and there is a support point in the reaction arm area, then the first choice must be a driven wrench. On the contrary, if there is a data that is not in its application range, you need to refer to the main parameters of the existing models and specifications of the hollow hydraulic wrench. If it meets the requirements, the hollow type can be selected immediately. But there are also some minor problems, such as the unreliable reaction force ratio triggered by the gap is too large, we have to consider how to make tools to deal with this problem.
Finally, it must be known that the use of hydraulic wrenches must also fully consider the industrial chain and natural environment. In some fields, such as medium mining, explosion-proof tools must be used, so conventional equipment cannot be equipped, but explosion-proof pumps must be equipped. In some fields, such as petrochemical maintenance, the torque value obtained according to the recommended bolt specifications and raw materials is unreliable. Due to the complexity of natural environmental standards, usually the same bolt needs to be processed with a large number of torque wrenches.
Pay attention to the following points when maintaining hydraulic wrenches:
1.Prevent the hydraulic wrench from being dropped during transfer and use.
2.The working oil of the hydraulic wrench is hydraulic oil, so alcohol, water and other media cannot be used as the working oil. High-quality hydraulic oil can extend the service life of the hydraulic wrench.
3.Pay special attention to whether the oil inlet and outlet of the hydraulic wrench are clean and not contaminated with oily sludge.
4.If the hydraulic wrench is not used for a long time, it is necessary to prevent rust. The usual way to prevent rust is to apply petroleum jelly on the hydraulic wrench, and then put it in a box and store it in a dry and suitable temperature room.
5.In order to prevent dirt from contaminating the working fluid, the joints connecting the oil pipe should use threaded plugs.
6.The strength of the high-pressure hose will decrease after a long time of use, so after a period of use, the high-pressure hose needs to be replaced.
7.Before using the hydraulic wrench, you need to read the manual of the hydraulic wrench carefully to avoid accidents.
8.When pre-tightening, you must strictly control the pressure. For your own personal safety, do not use overpressure.
Pay attention to the following points when using hydraulic wrenches:
Hydraulic wrenches are divided into driven hydraulic wrenches and hollow hydraulic wrenches. They are mainly contaminated by: external contamination, internal pollutants and pollutants generated by the hydraulic wrench system. Therefore, when using a hydraulic wrench, you need to pay attention to the following points.
1. Install the hydraulic wrench and tighten the oil return valve stem in a clockwise direction before use
2. The working oil should be anti-wear hydraulic oil, and the working oil must be clean.
3. According to the size of the pre-tightened nut, an inner hexagon socket is selected.
4. Insert the high pressure and low pressure hoses with quick connectors into the joints between the wrench and the reversing valve
5. Tilt the piston starting rod back and forth to move forward steadily, and the claw hooks back accordingly to pull out the object being pulled
6. The angle of the connecting rod of the wrench should be controlled within the range of the angle calibrated by the reaction rod.
8. After pre-tightening, put the handle of the reversing valve in the middle position to make the pressure return to zero.
9. After removing the quick connector, the exposed part of the connector must be covered with a plastic cover;
Note: Requirements for working space of hydraulic wrench: 1. The bolt spacing should not be too small; 2. The bolts (nuts) should not be too close to the equipment wall; 3. The height should not be too low; 4. The bolts must be covered with double nuts; 5. The bolt is too long and the socket cannot be used.
How to extend the service life of hydraulic wrenches?
Factors affecting the service life of hydraulic wrenches:
1. The frequency of daily use is high, and the time is long;
2. Failure to frequently change the hydraulic oil and wipe frequently will cause the surface to be covered with dust or oil;
3. The surrounding environment should be kept clean and tidy as far as possible to prevent small oily fume, dirt and dust from entering the hydraulic wrench to affect its performance and service life.
Ways to extend the service life of hydraulic wrenches:
1. Amateur operators who have not used a hydraulic wrench must carefully read and understand the operation manual, have a deep understanding of the principle, installation, commissioning, test machine, operation, maintenance and repair of the hydraulic wrench, and have undergone operation training and special assessment so as to confirm their ability to do this job.
2. Choose hydraulic oil: The quality, cleanliness and working viscosity of the hydraulic oil determine the reliability of the hydraulic wrench and hydraulic system, as well as the efficiency, life and economy of the hydraulic wrench. The side of the cam of the driven hydraulic wrench is egg-shaped, and its design purpose is to ensure sufficient air intake and exhaust of the cylinder, specifically to complete the opening and closing of the valve in the shortest possible time. In addition, taking into account the durability of the engine and the smoothness of operation, the valve should not have too much impact due to the acceleration and deceleration process in the opening and closing action, otherwise it will cause severe valve wear, increased noise or other serious consequences. Therefore, anti-wear hydraulic oil must be used, and the density of the hydraulic oil is required to be zero.
3. Control the oil temperature: the low oil temperature allowed is 25°C. The best working temperature is 35°C-45°C, and exceeding 45°C is detrimental to the system. If it exceeds the specified value, the system should be checked in time.
4. Inspect in time and find problems: When the hydraulic system fails, analyze the cause and eliminate the failure in time, and do not allow hydraulic wrenches to work with failures to prevent major accidents.
5. Check frequently and tighten pipe joints regularly to prevent loosening and oil leakage.