19 Maintenance of Steel Factory Equipment Every Engineer Should Know About
There is a lot of equipment in steel mills that need frequent inspection and maintenance to ensure the regular operation of the production system. TorcStark summarized the inspection and maintenance procedures of 19 kinds of steel plant equipment to ensure the regular operation of the equipment. Among them, the inspection of bolts is extremely important.
Now, let TorcStark begin.
Inspection and maintenance of equipment in the hot delivery area
1. Check the fastening conditions of the hot delivery roller table, the foundation bolts of the furnace inlet roller table base, the fixing bolts of the side guide plate and other connecting bolts every day. The electric/pneumatic torque wrench can be used to test the torque. If the torque value is not up to the standard, it can be reinforced immediately.
2. Regularly check the lubrication status of the roller table bearing housing, the water cooling water supply and the drainage status of the roller table bearing housing, once a month.
3. Check the wear, cracks and roughening of the surface of the roller table once a week.
4. The gearbox of the deceleration motor should be opened every 6 months to check the wear of the gears and replace the lubricating oil. The seals of the gearbox should also be replaced regularly.
5. Clean the hot delivery roller table, lifting platform, and oxide scale under the furnace roller table once a week.
6. Check the wear of the hot delivery roller table and the furnace roller coupling every 3 months.
7. Check whether the anchor bolts of the pusher base are loose every day. If they are loose, use an electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten them. Whether the push steel rod is deformed. Whether the steel trolley is operating normally. The hydraulic cylinder should work sensitively and reliably without oil leakage. Whether the hydraulic cylinders are synchronized and whether there is oil leakage.
9. Check whether the connecting bolts of the lifting platform are loose. If they are loose, use an electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten them. The reducer moves normally without noise, and the oil level should not be lower than the lower limit of the oil standard. Check the chain and sprocket to ensure smooth transmission and proper chain tightness, and lubricate the chain frequently.
10. Check whether the pin support device is running smoothly and whether there is vibration. If the above problems occur, please contact the fitter in time to replace the lever device. Lubricate the small shaft of the Pinto device regularly, once a week.
11. Whether the claws of the cold billet stand are damaged. Check whether the bolts of the track pressure plate are tight, and if they are loose, use an electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten them. The hydraulic cylinder should work sensitively and reliably without oil leakage, whether the hydraulic cylinder is synchronous or not, and whether there is oil leakage.
Equipment inspection and maintenance in the heating furnace area
1. Keep the furnace body clean, and clean up any sundries or dirt on the furnace (including the furnace top) in time.
2. Operators should always check whether the furnace wall and furnace roof are in good condition. If they find that the expansion joints are too large or there is a string of fires, they should be dealt with in time to avoid the expansion of the problem.
3. When the steel billet is put into the furnace, be careful not to install bent steel (severely deformed billets are not allowed to enter the furnace), and turn over the steel in time to avoid scratching the furnace wall.
4. Strictly implement the operating procedures to avoid burning the furnace roof due to excessive furnace temperature.
5. If it is found that the furnace wall is partially burnt out, it should be repaired by taking advantage of the opportunity for the furnace to shut down for maintenance.
6. After two to three years of use, use the opportunity of maintenance to painting the steel plate of the furnace body (furnace steel plate) once to prevent the steel plate of the furnace body from being corroded and rusted.
7. Regularly (normally half a year) clean the oxide scale in the furnace.
8. Operators should always check whether there is leakage in the heating furnace fan, air pipe, and steam pipe and whether the valve is rusted, and deal with the above problems in time.
9. Adhere to the normal inspection and lubrication system of the fan. Carry out spot checks strictly in accordance with the settings in the spot check table. Check each part of the fan once, and take measures in time if there is any abnormality.
10. Frequently check the vaporization cooling system, steam drum pressure, water level and temperature display, keep the normal water level of the steam drum, and deal with any problems in time.
Rolling line reducer equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Check the bolts of each part to ensure that the connection is firm and reliable. If it is found to be loose, it can be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench.
2. Always observe the working conditions of the thin oil lubricating oil flow indicator to ensure that the oil passage is smooth, the oil pressure and flow are sufficient, and there is no leakage in the pipes, valves, seals and joint surfaces.
3. Regularly check the working conditions of the bearings. There must be no heat, looseness, severe wear, and abnormal noise. If any problems are found, deal with them in time.
4. Check the working condition of the gear, keep its transmission stable, open the observation cover frequently, check whether the contact and wear of the tooth surface are normal, whether all the flat grooves on the lubricating oil nozzle are smooth, and deal with any problems in time.
5. Check the oil flow through the oil flow indicator at the inlet of each lubrication point, and the on-site setting values are as follows:
Rough rolling reducer: the pressure of the pressure switch is ≥0.15MPa, which is normal.
Intermediate rolling reducer: The pressure of the pressure switch is ≥0.15MPa, which is normal.
Pre-finishing reducer: the pressure of the pressure switch is ≥0.15MPa, which is normal.
6. Check the temperature of the bearing by touching it with your hands. Just touch the tile seat or end cover for about 3 seconds without feeling hot. If the temperature is too high, deal with it immediately.
7. Use the listening needle to touch the bearing seat to listen to the sound of movement. If there is no abnormal noise, it is normal. If the sound is abnormal, it should be dealt with immediately.
Inspection and maintenance of rolling mill equipment
1. Check the adjustment device of the rolling mill to ensure flexibility and reliability.
2. Check whether the beam guide device is in good condition, whether the beam and the rolling mill, and whether the beam guide device are fixed in the correct and firm position.
3. Check whether the water cooling device is complete, whether the cooling water pipe is unblocked, and whether the water pressure and water volume are sufficient.
4. Special lubricating grease must be added to the bearing housing before each roll installation. Regularly check the lubrication of the bearings and replenish the special grease at any time.
5. Check the sealing condition of the bearing housing to prevent water or iron oxide and other sundries from falling into the bearing housing.
6. Check the cooling water circuit to ensure the smooth flow of the pipeline and good cooling, and ensure that the maximum temperature of the bearing does not exceed 50 °C.
7. Check whether all parts of the bearing seat are complete and intact. Check whether the connecting bolts are tight. If they are found to be loose, they can be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench.
8. During the working process, check whether the bearing has heat, vibration, abnormal noise, etc., and deal with the problems in time.
9. The universal joint shaft should be checked for wear at any time, and if any problem is found, it should be dealt with in time.
High-speed zone equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Check whether there is abnormal noise in the rolling mill every day, and spot-check whether there is abnormal noise and heating phenomenon in the coupling. Check whether the coupling bolts are loose, if found loose, use an electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten them.
2. Check whether there is a large amount of oil leakage at the seal of the pre-finishing transmission box and the connecting flange. If there is a large amount of oil leakage, you can check whether the specified torque value is not reached because the flange bolts are not tightened. Bolt tightening can then be performed using a hydraulic wrench or tensioner.
3. Check whether the oil-air lubrication PU pipe on the pre-finishing roll box panel is dropped, and ensure that each lubrication point is in a good lubrication state.
4. Check whether there is oil leakage on the joint surface of the roller box and the cone box every day. If there is leakage, the double lips and O-ring should be replaced.
5. Check the gearbox every day, listen to whether there are abnormal noises in the gears and bearings, and check the temperature of the box at the bearings
6. Check the lubricating oil pressure, flow rate and cooling water pressure every day, and they must not be lower than the specified value.
7. During the inspection, it is found that the parameters of the roller box seriously exceeded the standard, and the roller box should be replaced immediately.
8. Check whether the solenoid valve of the pinch roller is in good condition, whether the air path and water path are unobstructed every day, and deal with any problems found in time.
9. Check the wear of the inlet conduit of the laying machine every day, and replace it in time if the wear is serious.
10. Check the vibration of the laying machine during operation. If the vibration is found to be intensified, stop the machine and check whether the spinning tube is installed securely. Check whether the bolted connection between the tap tap and the hollow shaft is tight, and if it is found to be loose, use an electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten it.
11. Regularly check the wear of the looper rollers every day and whether the oil-air lubrication of the rollers is smooth, and replace and maintain them in time according to specific conditions.
Equipment inspection and maintenance in the volume collection area
1. Check whether the action of the inserting plate in the coil forming room is flexible, and ensure that there is no jamming of the inserting plate during steel passing.
2. Regularly check the chain and sprocket of the air-cooled line to ensure the stable transmission of the chain and sprocket and the lubrication of the chain.
3. Check the rotation of the double mandrel to ensure that the rotation process of the double mandrel is stable without impact, and check whether the mechanical stopper is loose and falls off.
4. Regularly check the lubrication of the double-mandrel chassis bolts and bearings to ensure that the bolts are fastened without loosening. If it is found to be loose, it can be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench. Bearing lubrication pipes are not blocked.
5. Check the lubrication of the pallet chain and slide rail, and lubricate regularly.
6. Check the oil level of the reducer every six months, add oil or change the oil if necessary (change the oil for the first time after about 600 hours of operation, and change the oil after about 500 hours, and the longest time shall not exceed 18 months).
7. Check whether the trolley moves smoothly and whether the wheels are worn to ensure that the trolley moves smoothly without any blockage. Regularly use the electric torque wrench to check and tighten trolley track bolts.
PF line inspection and maintenance
1. Regularly check the fan coupling of the air-cooled line and the base bolts of the fan-bearing box to ensure that the rotor rotates smoothly and the vibration of the bearing seat is ≤4.5mm/s.
2. Check whether the opening and closing of the air door of the fan is flexible and in place, check whether the soft connection of the air chamber is leaking, and ensure that the cooling effect of the fan is good;
3. Regularly check the wear of the transition section of the load-carrying track and the turnout, check the rotation of the rollers of the linear roller row, and ensure that there is no jamming phenomenon in the curve during the operation of the PF line.
4. Check whether the PF line carriage is deformed and replace it in time.
5. Check the wear of the traction chain and the load-carrying wheel of the carrying trolley, check whether the guide wheel is missing, and ensure that there is no hook phenomenon during the movement of the C-shaped hook.
6. Check the wear condition of the wear-resistant strip of the drive station, check whether the drive chain is lubricated in place; check the oil level of the geared motor every six months and replace the gear oil in time.
7. Regularly check whether the stopper, clamper, backstop and catcher can move flexibly, and deal with them in time if they are stuck.
8. Regularly drain the air storage tank of the PF line to ensure that the compressed air is dry and free of water mist.
Baler equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Strapping head: check whether the cutting edge is sharp. Whether the wire clamp can clamp the bundled wire. Whether the knot of the bundled wire twisted out by the twist head is neat, and whether there is no abnormal noise when the knot is pushed out. The hydraulic components have no noise, and no leakage and the action position is accurate.
2. Threading guide groove: Whether the guide bearing in the guide groove can rotate freely and is not loose. Whether the wear plate is smooth. Whether the cover plate is on and off normally, and the wiring goes out smoothly. The cylinder works normally, the position is accurate and no abnormal impact occurs.
3. Wire supply device: the wire feeding wheel and the pressing wheel are not in direct contact, and the wire feeding is normal without slipping. The hydraulic motor and hydraulic cylinder are noiseless and leak-free and work normally. The rotation of the guide wheel does not become loose or jammed.
4. Wire trolley: There is no abnormal noise during operation, no leakage of the hydraulic motor, the good meshing of the rack and pinion, no debris on the guide column, and the guide wheel runs freely without jamming.
5. Lifting platform: flexible lifting, the wear-resistant plate does not exceed the scrap standard, and the oil cylinder have no leakage.
6. Compression car: The load wheel and guide wheel run without noise, without rail gnawing, and the oil cylinder works normally without leakage.
7. Purge the packing head twice regularly to ensure that all parts of the packing head are clean and free of oxidation residue and oil.
8. Regularly check whether the positioning of the proximity switch and the limit switch is loose and fasten it.
9. Check whether the oil pressure and air pressure are normal.
Coil weighing equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Periodically perform dry oil lubrication on the rotating bearings of the hydraulic cylinder, the connecting rod U-shaped clamp bearings, and the bearings of all supporting seats.
2. Check the connecting bolts, if loose, use electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten them.
3. Check and clean the pallet. If the wear-resistant plate on the pallet is seriously worn or damaged, it should be repaired and replaced in time;
4. Regularly check the pins and bushings of hydraulic cylinders, spherical connecting rod heads, and U-shaped clamps. If there is serious wear, they should be replaced in time.
5. Regularly check whether the movement of the weighing platform is stable and vertical.
6. Regularly test the accuracy of the weighing device.
Unloading equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Regularly lubricate the wheels and sprockets to ensure the unloading car moves smoothly.
2. Check whether the electro-hydraulic push rod has abnormal noise or overheating, and replenish oil to the electro-hydraulic push rod once a month.
3. Clean and check the wear plate of the bracket. If there is serious wear or damage, it should be repaired or replaced in time.
4. Check whether the wheels have wear marks, cracks, scratches, pits, etc., and replace them in time if the damage is serious.
5. Check the alignment of the track once a month.
6. Regularly check whether the fixing bolts of the safety protection device are loose, and the bracket should be aligned in time and the bolts should be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench.
Flying shear equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Check whether the bolts are loose. If they are loose, use an electric/pneumatic torque wrench to tighten them. Whether the pin positioning stopper is normal.
2. Pay attention to the wear of the blade, measure it once a week and check whether there is any curling and deformation. The bolts of the blade must be tightened, and the power must be disconnected before inspection and measurement.
3. Add oil to each lubricating point every week, check the condition of the oil pipe and nozzle, and replace if damaged.
4. Pay attention to the lubrication, sealing and wear of the copper sleeve of the knife arm. When the wear gap of the copper sleeve exceeds 2% of the journal diameter, the copper sleeve should be replaced during maintenance.
5. Check the safety and calibration of electrical equipment.
7. The inspection found that the body of the scissors has large vibration, high bearing temperature, abnormal noise, etc., stop production, conduct a comprehensive inspection, confirm the cause and deal with it.
Inspection and maintenance of hydraulic system equipment
1. According to the design regulations and work requirements, reasonably adjust the working pressure and working speed of the hydraulic system. When the pressure valve and the speed control valve are adjusted to the required value, the adjustment screw should be firmly fixed to prevent changes. For components without a locking mechanism, the adjusting handle should be locked after adjustment.
2. Before refueling, the oil must be filtered. During the test run of the equipment, the oil should be sampled (sampled) once a week for testing. After the equipment enters the normal working state, the oil should be sampled and tested once a month, and the test report should be carefully filled out. If the oil does not meet the requirements for use, it must be replaced.
3. The temperature of the hydraulic oil should not exceed 60°C. Generally, it should be controlled within the range of 20°C to 55°C. If it exceeds this range, the reason should be checked and eliminated.
4. In order to ensure the normal operation of the solenoid valve, the voltage must be stable, and its fluctuation value should not exceed ±15% of the rated voltage.
5. Electrical cabinets, electrical boxes, consoles and command control boxes are all equipped with doors or covers, and the covers should be closed tightly to avoid the accumulation of dirt.
6. When a failure occurs in a certain part of the hydraulic system, such as low oil pressure, unstable oil pressure, vibration, etc., the cause must be analyzed in time and dealt with. Do not force the operation to avoid major accidents.
7. Regularly check the working performance of coolers and heaters.
8. Frequently check the working conditions of the accumulator. If insufficient air pressure or other abnormal phenomena are found, it should be inflated and repaired in time.
9. Frequently check and regularly fasten component joints, flanges, etc. to prevent loosening, and regularly replace high-pressure hoses.
10. Regularly replace the sealing ring, regularly measure the performance of the main hydraulic components or regularly replace and maintain them, and make records.
11. Regularly inspect the hydraulic station to ensure the normal operation of the hydraulic system and ensure that the problems of the hydraulic system can be found and eliminated in time.
Thin oil station equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Tour inspection: the sound of motors, oil pumps, valves, and actuators, the temperature and the action of the action indicator rod. The value of detection elements such as system temperature gauge, pressure gauge, liquid level gauge, etc. Looseness of mechanical coupling bolts, if found loose, can be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench.
2. The oil leakage and oil seepage in the system should be dealt with in time.
3. In the process of replacing components, it should be ensured that the system does not produce secondary pollution. When it is necessary to re-adjust the parameters after replacing the components, it should be carried out according to the relevant procedures.
4. Do not arbitrarily change the set pressure (0.1-0.3Mpa), temperature (30-45°C) and other parameters of the system.
5. When it is found that the pressure difference between the front and back of the filter exceeds the specified value (0.1MPa), or when a pressure difference alarm signal is found, the filter should be changed immediately or the filter element should be replaced.
6. Regularly check the oil quality, once a month in the beginning, and once every three months thereafter. When the oil quality is unqualified, it should be replaced completely, and new oil should be added, and new and old oil should not be mixed.
7. Measuring instruments such as pressure gauges and thermometers are regularly inspected in accordance with relevant regulations.
8. Drain the thin oil station in the high-speed area every day, grasp the water inflow situation of the oil station, and inform the maintenance personnel in time to check and deal with the water leakage of the roller box.
Inspection and maintenance of machining equipment
1. Routine maintenance
1.1 Before starting the machine tool, it must be carefully checked: whether the fasteners are loose, whether the operating mechanism and the shift handle are in the correct position, and whether the limit, indication and safety device are sensitive and reliable. Whether the equipment has corrosion, rust, bumps, strains, water leakage, oil leakage, and electric leakage, and solves problems in time if found.
1.2 Low-speed operation should be carried out before operation, and high-speed operation can only be put into operation after the operation is normal.
1.3 Keep the equipment clean and hygienic. After the machine tool is working, remove iron filings, oil stains, coolant and other sundries from all parts of the machine tool. In particular, thoroughly clean the guide rail surface, lead screw, feed rod, etc., and add lubricating oil.
1.4 The quality of lubricating oil must meet the requirements, and the oil level is between the high and low oil level lines to ensure good lubrication.
2. Regular maintenance
2.1 After the machine tool has been running for 400 hours, the first-level maintenance is carried out mainly by the operators and supplemented by the maintenance workers.
The specific content is as follows:
2.1.1 Carry out partial disassembly, inspection and cleaning.
2.1.2 Properly adjust the matching clearance of each part of the equipment.
2.1.3 Clean each linoleum, oil line, filter and various dust-proof and anti-corrosion devices, and dredge the oil circuit.
2.2 The machine tool runs for 5000 hours for secondary maintenance, mainly maintenance workers, and operators participate. In addition to implementing the content and requirements of 2.1, the following work should be done well, and the wearing parts should be surveyed and spare parts proposed.
2.2.1 Disassemble all or part of the equipment, and check and maintain it.
2.2.2 Replace or repair worn parts, and prepare materials for the next second warranty or overhaul.
2.2.3 Thoroughly clean the gearbox and cooling system liquid pool, and change oil and water.
2.2.4 Calibrate the installation level and check and measure important accuracy items.
2.2.5 Clean and change the oil for all motors, and check the power distribution lines comprehensively to achieve orderliness, safety and reliability.
Over-straddle equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Frequently check whether the transmission shaft seat, coupling, shaft and key are loose, and tighten them in time.
2. Frequently check whether the limit positions are reliable, and contact them in time if any problems are found.
3. Frequently check whether the reducer and bearings have abnormal sounds during operation and whether the lubricating oil leaks and contact them in time if any problems are found.
4. Do a good job of lubrication and maintenance of all parts. Such as reduction gearbox, rolling bearings, wheel bearings, etc., and replacing the lubricating oil every 3 months.
5. Regularly check the straightness of the track, and often observe whether the pressure plate is firm. If you find that the track is stuck when the trolley is running, you should correct the track or adjust the wheels.
Lifting equipment inspection and maintenance
1. Always keep the driving clean and hygienic, especially electrical equipment such as contactors, brakes, and electromagnets on the resistor control panel, to prevent leakage breakdown, short circuits and other phenomena.
2. Frequently check whether the transmission shaft seat, gearbox coupling, shaft, key, and wire rope end are loose, and tighten them in time. Check whether the gap of the brake wheel is even, if there is any unevenness, it should be adjusted evenly.
3. Frequently check whether the wire rope, hook, pulley, etc. have broken strands, cracks, serious wear, etc., and replace them in time to ensure safe production.
4. Frequently check whether the limit switches and electrical appliances are sensitive and reliable and whether the signal lamps, lighting lamps, emergency switches, and alarm bells are in good condition. If any problems are found, contact them in time.
5. Frequently check whether the reducer and bearings have abnormal sounds during operation and whether the lubricating oil leaks and contact them in time if any problems are found.
6. Regularly check the straightness of the track, and often observe whether the pressure plate is firm or loose. If you find that the track is stuck when the trolley is running, you should correct the track or adjust the wheels.
1. Frequently check whether the fasteners are loose. If it is found to be loose, it can be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench.
2. Frequently check the lubricating parts to ensure good lubrication. The gearbox oil should be changed every three months. Apply lubricating oil (heating) to the wire rope at least once every 10 days with a stiff brush. Add grease to other bearings and splines once a month.
3. The operator should always pay attention to the defect that the steel wire rope is out of the groove or has two layers on the drum during work, and eliminate it in time. Check the wear of the steel wire rope frequently and replace it in time.
Inspection and maintenance of the hydraulic station and roll-changing equipment
1. Check the sound and temperature of the motor and oil pump at any time.
2. Frequently check whether the oil level is normal, add oil in time, check the oil and oil quality every three months, and replace it immediately if it is unqualified.
3. Clean the filter screen every three months to prevent clogging.
4. Regularly check all pipelines and their accessories, such as ball valves, oil cylinders, etc. for oil leakage, check whether the safety valve is in good condition once a week, and fully check each ball valve once a month.
5. Check the sensitivity and reliability of each pipeline testing instrument and meter at any time, and make regular corrections.
5.1 Adjust the pressure relay once a month.
5.2 Check the use of the pressure thermometer once a week, and replace it in time if it cannot be used by the user.
5.3 Check and calibrate the pressure gauge once a month
Roll changing equipment
1. Before changing rolls and turning over, press the buttons respectively to check whether the movements of the hydraulic cylinders are flexible and reliable.
2. Oil the sliding bearing once a week.
3. Check once a day whether the hydraulic cylinder, hydraulic pipeline and connections are tight.
4. Check once a day whether there is any jamming on the roller changing track and the turning channel.
5. Frequently check whether the fastening bolts are loose. If it is found to be loose, it can be tightened with an electric/pneumatic torque wrench.
There is a lot of mechanical equipment in the steel mill, and a lot of inspection and maintenance is required every day. Among them, the inspection and maintenance of bolts are the most common. The fastening of bolts is very important for the safe production of steel mills and the normal operation of equipment. The electric/pneumatic torque wrench provided by TorcStark is specially developed for tightening bolts of steel mill equipment. With the advantages of high precision and durability, it is one of the best choices for bolt fastening in steel mills.